Henry County Health Department strives to be the public health employer of choice in Ohio.
Please send all employment applications, cover letters and resumes to:
– or –
Henry County Health Department
ATTN: Human Resources
1843 Oakwood Avenue
Napoleon, Ohio 43545
We also want to share our passion for what we do with interns and volunteers. Please contact the Office Manager at (419) 599-5545 if you are interested in volunteering or interning with us to learn more about a career in public health.
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE 2/HOME HEALTH & HOSPICE
Henry County Health Department Home Health/Hospice program is seeking a full-time registered nurse for the position of Public Health Nurse 2.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing plus two (2) years of prior experience in medical/ surgical nursing; experience in home health/hospice preferred; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred.
Must be a Registered Nurse; have or obtain CPR certification (American Heart Association); maintain State of Ohio driver’s license; maintain insurability according to Health District policy.
- The delivery of services to home health/ hospice program participants; interviews and assess patients to determine needs for services, develop and administer medical plans based on patient needs, works with all disciplines and the patient to establish a comprehensive plan of care.
- Performs comprehensive assessments, provides skilled interventions aimed at achieving outcomes and goals with in specified time periods; modifies, evaluates and updates plan of care to reflect patient needs and outcomes; consistency demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills.
- Conducts home visits to provide routine and specialized direct nursing care.
- Prepares required records and accurately maintains records for submission in a timely manner.
- Provides for the safety of the patient.
- Provides for the education appropriate to the patient’s/family needs
- Provides guidance to Home Health Aides.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance; must be able to work assigned evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must maintain State of Ohio driver’s license, must maintain insurability according to policy
Position will be full-time, working 35 hours/week. Position is non-exempt from overtime.
Positions are in Pay Grade 7; pay range $19.32 – $27.04/hour. Current average pay range is $22.30-$24.00.
See position description for additional details.
Please submit resume and three professional references to Human Resources, Henry County Health Department, 1843 Oakwood Avenue, Napoleon, OH 43545, or email to email@example.com until position filled. EOE/EOP