Henry County Health Department strives to be the public health employer of choice in Ohio.
Please send all employment applications, cover letters and resumes to:
– or –
Henry County Health Department
ATTN: Human Resources
1843 Oakwood Avenue
Napoleon, Ohio 43545
We also want to share our passion for what we do with interns and volunteers. Please contact the Office Manager at (419) 599-5545 if you are interested in volunteering or interning with us to learn more about a career in public health.
Henry County Board of Health is seeking full-time qualified professional applicants with a Master’s degree in Public Health or other equivalent master’s degree in a health-related field for the Health Commissioner position.
- Plans, develops, and evaluates all aspects of Health District operations in order to ensure enforcement of all laws and regulations under the jurisdiction of the Board of Health and promote public health within the community.
- Directs development of Health District policies and procedures in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee operations to ensure program availability, effectiveness, and the efficient delivery of public health services.
- Approves contracts or agreements in accordance with the Board’s Delegation of Authority policy.
- Oversees the preparation of the budget and the administration of grants. Reviews funding requests with administrative staff; determines program costs and materials needs.
- Supervises and directs personnel employed by the Board of Health (directly or indirectly).
- Assumes legal responsibility for the dispensation, ordering, and storage of vaccines and medical supplies; reviews and analyzes applicable laws, rules, and regulations concerning drug dispensation, ordering, and storage to ensure compliance.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and seminars as necessary to facilitate the effective operations of the Henry County Health District (e.g. monthly Board of Health meetings; annual District Advisory Council meetings; AOHC regional and state meetings).
- Provides leadership in the community on public health issues; serves on Henry County Hospital Board of Trustees and various other boards or committees as required.
- Oversees maintenance of all records and reports to ensure maintenance in accordance with applicable privacy laws, grant requirements, and/or Health District policy.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Health District policy and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance and flexibility to possible evenings, weekends, and as needed or in an emergency.
- Must maintain required licensure and certification, State of Ohio driver’s license, and must maintain insurability according to policy.
Please see position description for additional details.
Please submit completed application, cover letter, three professional references along with resume to the Human Resources Department, Henry County Health Department, 1843 Oakwood Avenue, Napoleon, OH 43545, or email to email@example.com by Thursday, November 16, 2017 EOE/EOP.
HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Public Health Services Section is seeking a qualified professional; with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Social Work or related field for the Administrative Manager position in our Home Health and Hospice program.
- Collaborate with Home Health and Hospice Clinical Manager to manage Home Health and Hospice program
- Plan, develop, implement and direct Home Health and Hospice programs in accordance to regulations.
- Develop Policies and Procedures
- Participate with, and oversee QI assurance
- Negotiate contracts.
- Train, supervise and evaluate Home Health and Hospice Aides and non-nursing employees
- Participate with long term planning and budget preparations
- Oversees Home Health Aide case management
- Utilize technology to maintain documents and patient data as required.
- Assist with health promotion and health education in the community setting.
- Participate in disaster preparedness activities.
- Serve as a member of the Management Team
- Attend meetings, seminars, and community health fairs as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance and flexibility to possible evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed or in an emergency.
- Must maintain State of Ohio required licensure, State of Ohio driver’s license, and must maintain insurability according to policy.
The position will be full- time/ 80 hours per pay period, overtime exempt, and is in Pay Grade 8; pay range $21.25 – $29.75/hour
Please see position description for additional details.
Please submit your completed application, cover letter, resume and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Henry County Health Department, 1843 Oakwood Avenue, Napoleon, OH 43545, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/10/2017 or until position is filled.
PUBLIC HEALTH 2 NURSE/HOME HEALTH & HOSPICE
Henry County Health Department Home Health/Hospice program is seeking a full-time registered nurse for the position of Public Health Nurse 2.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing plus two (2) years of prior experience in medical/ surgical nursing; experience in home health/hospice preferred; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred.
Must be a Registered Nurse; have or obtain CPR certification (American Heart Association); maintain State of Ohio driver’s license; maintain insurability according to Health District policy.
- The delivery of services to home health/ hospice program participants; interviews and assess patients to determine needs for services, develop and administer medical plans based on patient needs, works with all disciplines and the patient to establish a comprehensive plan of care.
- Performs comprehensive assessments, provides skilled interventions aimed at achieving outcomes and goals with in specified time periods; modifies, evaluates and updates plan of care to reflect patient needs and outcomes; consistency demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills.
- Conducts home visits to provide routine and specialized direct nursing care.
- Prepares required records and accurately maintains records for submission in a timely manner.
- Provides for the safety of the patient.
- Provides for the education appropriate to the patient’s/family needs
- Provides guidance to Home Health Aides.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance; must be able to work assigned evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must maintain State of Ohio driver’s license, must maintain insurability according to policy
Position will be full-time, working 35 hours/week. Position is non-exempt from overtime.
Positions are in Pay Grade 7; pay range $19.32 – $27.04/hour. Current average pay range is $22.30-$24.00.
See position description for additional details.
Please submit resume and three professional references to Human Resources, Henry County Health Department, 1843 Oakwood Avenue, Napoleon, OH 43545, or email to email@example.com until position filled. EOE/EOP