Help Me Grow provides comprehensive services for expectant parents, infants, and toddlers ages 0-3 and their families. Help Me Grow assists families in their efforts to give their child the best possible start in life. The program is committed to the vision that expectant parents, newborns, infants, and toddlers will thrive through attachment, education, and referrals, which will lay the foundation for later success in school.
Some of the services offered by the program include the following.
- Referrals to community resources to meet the needs of the family.
- Home Visitation to provide information about attachment, bonding, and referrals to community resources.
- Evaluations of development and delays with referral to specialized services and therapies.
- Monthly playgroups and family support activities to increase social interaction for parents and children
- Up-to-date information on your child’s health, growth and development, and parenting
When should you call Help Me Grow?
- Your child has been diagnosed with a medical condition that may affect his/her development.
- Your family would like additional support or information about the challenges of caring for your baby or toddler.
- You are concerned that your child is not reaching developmental milestones.
Early Intervention Services
- A Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker coordinate services for children 0 to 3 years old who may need them due to a documented developmental delay or a diagnosed medical condition that may lead to a developmental delay.
- Contract with Henry County Board of DD / HOPE Services to provide early intervention services which include developmental specialist, occupational, physical, and speech therapists.
- Visits are free and conducted in the home at a time convenient to your family.
Home Visiting Services
- Provides parental education about attachment, bonding, and child development
- Serves Henry, Defiance, Fulton and Williams County residents.
- First time mothers who are eligible or receiving Medicaid and/or WIC, with child under 6 months of age are eligible for this program.
- Yearly screenings are collaborated with HOPE Services, Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center (NWOESC), WIC, and to determine developmental delay in children 2 months to 5 years of age.
- Certified Lactation Counselor/Consultant provides breastfeeding support to new mothers enrolled in Help Me Grow.
Other Resources for Parents: